Growth Support Kickstart Grant Scheme
Hopefully this post will be excellent news to some of the many businesses that are struggling due to the impacts on COVID 19 (and the handling of it by the “powers that be”!).
As the Managing Director of b:web – Web Design and Marketing Agency I am definitely not an expert, however, since The Growth Support Kickstart Grant is being allocated on a first come first served basis I wanted to share this information urgently.
I have included some useful links at the bottom of the post for you to be able to find more information.
What is the Growth Support Kickstart Grant Scheme?
This Growth Support Kickstart Grant is a grant of up to £3000 that can be used to support businesses who meet the criteria to receive the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to make specific investments to recover from the impacts of COVID 19.
Funding has been split into two Funding Pots:
- £336,314 has been made available to the Tourism Sector
- £411,050 has been made available to the Non-Tourism Sector.
What is the grant for?
The nature and value of grants awarded will be tailored to individual circumstances, and will typically be up to £3,000. Under certain circumstances, and on a case-by-case basis, grants of up to £5,000 may be awarded but it seems that this is quite rare.
Businesses can spend the grant on a range of different technologies:
- Professional consultancy such as the uptake of digital technology, website development and digital marketing.
- Minor items that are an adoption of new technology that support the day to day running of the organisation.
- Minor items that are an adaption of existing technology that support the day to day running of the organisation
It looks to me like clients of ours that are in the following industries would be eligible: transport, accommodation, cafe, restaurants, food takeaway, event venues, recreation, travel agencies, the arts.
The full list is shown below as based on the Standard Industry Classification (SIC)
How b:web can help
Firstly if you are unsure about anything please just drop me an email on email@example.com and I will certainly try to find out more information for you. As far as I can tell as part of the application process you need will need to show evidence that you have experienced financial difficulty. Further to that you will need to have a quotation ready to show how you will invest your grant.
We can help your business in the following areas:
- New digital marketing strategy. This could be SEO, PPC and/or social media.
- Implementing new functionality to help your business to comply with new guidelines, such as:
- online appointment booking
- click and collect shopping
- home delivery system
- client portals
- restaurant booking
- in-house food/drinks ordering for restaurants, cafes and pubs
- converting physical programs to online events
- taking online payments or deposits
- Developing a new website to allow your company to trade online.
- Help with integrations between the website and your back office or third parties such as CRM, shipping or fulfillment.
- New technology to accommodate a change of business direction, for example Direct to Consumer.
The funding is being provided to address immediate needs and all grants must be awarded by 28 February 2021 and all activity fully completed by 31 March 2021.
- Find your LEP – https://www.lepnetwork.net/local-growth-hub-contacts/
- Latest Guidance – https://www.heartofswgrowthhub.co.uk
- Gov.uk – https://www.gov.uk/government/news/
- Gov.uk – https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/
- Growth Hub South West- https://www.heartofswgrowthhub.co.uk/
- ERD – https://ec.europa.eu/
Get in contact
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. or contact us
Get our news direct to your inbox
Subscribe to our mail list