If you have created a video for your business and uploaded it to YouTube, you may want to share it on your website to increase its reach. Luckily this is straight forward to do, as YouTube makes it simple. But just to be sure, here’s our quick guide to embedding YouTube videos.
- Choose your YouTube video by either searching for it or entering the direct URL into your browser.
- Below the video itself, click on the ‘Share’ icon.
- You will be presented with the direct link to the video as well as social media icons. Above those are the three headers: ‘Share’; ‘Embed’ and ‘Email.’ Click on ‘Embed’. You will then see the embed code:
- Copy the code that is highlighted.
- Paste it into your website’s HTML
If you are using WordPress
For WordPress users, it is actually even more simple:
- Open the page or post to which you wish to add your video.
- Click ‘Add Media’ and click ‘Insert from URL’
- Go to the YouTube video you wish to embed.
- Click ‘Share’ and copy the video URL.
- Paste the code into the WordPress window and click the button to ‘Insert into Post’.