Social media marketing is about building a following, increasing discussion and growing reach. Generating sales from social isn’t the main aim, however if you are able to cover your costs directly, it is always a huge benefit. It is therefore useful to track any sales that come from social media, much like with any other channel.
Before you can begin, you need to make sure you set up ecommerce tracking in Google Analytics. Once this has been set up, follow these simple steps.
- In Google Analytics, open the ‘Acquisition’ tab.
- In here, open the ‘Social’ section.
- Open ‘Conversions.’
- Scroll down to see a list of all the social networks that have generated sales directly.
If you would like to get an idea of the sales that social media contributed to directly (people who clicked on your website link from social media, may not have purchased there and then, but came back later and bought from you.) you can do this:
- Go to Conversions
- Open ‘Assisted Conversions’
- Here you will see a list of the channels. Social Network shows the social media attributed conversions.
- To see which social network, click on the link.
Here at b:web we offer social media marketing services. If you would like to discuss your business’ needs with us, please get in contact.
Get our news direct to your inbox
Subscribe to our mail list